Monday 24 February 2014

a shower for baby kelly!

There are no words for how I feel today; truly. 

But I'm going to try my best to find some way to sum it all up…mostly so that I don't forget this huge milestone in my pregnancy :)


Everything started with a simple graphic, pulled from the crib bedding that I purchased for the nursery. It was the inspiration behind the baby shower invitation, and it became the thread that tied everything together for the shower decor.


I had WAYYYYY too much fun making all of these things, from the confetti garland, to the kraft paper banner…this is my favourite way to show people how much they mean to me. 

I mentioned this during a little impromptu speech at the shower, but my intention for this event was to create a day where I could spend some time with my favourite people, and thank them for the impact they've had on my life. 

Each and every smiling face reminded me of the amazing support I've received along the way. It has been a journey and I just feel so blessed to have these ladies in my life. 


My parents' house was such a perfect spot for this event, and I really like how the island was transformed into the food and drink area :)


My amazing husband assembled these fruit-kabobs…and I love him. 


Aaaaaand let's just talk about the cake. 

I gave Cat (the face behind the AMAZING Cake Whisperer brand) a copy of my shower invitation for her to use as inspiration. The result is a cake that is totally "me" in every way. Made to feed 25, it was just perfection. 



My alcohol-at-showers-mantra: there will be booze, as long as I'm allowed to smell your glass of wine at any time during the event. 





Just as I took the first slice into the cake, my friend Brittany arrived after a long drive in from Toronto that morning. Love her. It was so special to me that she made it :)



This is the part where I put my camera down and simply enjoyed the afternoon :) Bottom-of-my-heart thanks to Brittany for taking the photos below!!!








A few iPhone shots from the day:


I'll end this post with a message that I had printed by the table with the party favours… 


No comments:

Post a Comment