Monday 23 March 2015

it's a GIRL!




It's a GIRL!

A little baby girl! We could not contain our excitement after finding out at the ultrasound last week. 

When I heard the word "girl" come out of the technician's mouth, I was completely frozen. Before I allowed myself to absorb that news, I had to make sure I heard her right. When she repeated it, my emotions took over. She left us in the room for a few minutes and that's when I looked at Ryan, put my hands over my mouth, and cried all over my shirt. 

"I didn't think she would say it was a girl," I kept saying. Cooper was sitting happily on Ryan's lap and I don't think there has ever been a moment I loved more than that one. 

We were able to tell a bunch of our friends and family right away, but had to wait until Ryan's parents got home from their cruise to tell them the news. Everyone was so excited! 

It still doesn't feel entirely real that we'll be adding a little girl to the mix. Tutus, pigtails, glittery shoes...I can't wait. 









While we drove away from the ultrasound clinic, Ryan told me that in the back of his mind, he kinda knew it was a girl. In the last week, we sold our house in Barrhaven and finalized the purchase of a new house in Stittsville. It's a big house that's made for a growing family and it happens to have two baby pink bedrooms. When we first saw it, I told Ryan that I loved the colour of pink so much and if we had a girl, it would be perfect. 

He took it as a sign, but kept it to himself. 

The morning of our ultrasound, I asked the online magic 8 ball whether the baby was a boy and the response was "Our sources say no." I kept that to myself too...

These are little things I never want to forget... They're the pieces of our family story and they're never-ending :) 

We're having a GIRL!

No comments:

Post a Comment