Monday 20 June 2016

letter to jilly

A LETTER TO JILLIAN
JUNE 19TH, 2016

Jillygirl. My love. I pinch myself every time I squeeze your face to mine on the walk from the car to the house. It's the quickest moment but it happens at least a few times every day. I feel your squishy little cheek press into mine and I think back to that moment in the ultrasound when I found out you were a girl.

If I ever needed to cry on command, this would be the moment I'd think about.

You're the sweetest baby there has ever been. Easy going, perfectly chunky, giggly with just the right about of squinting, and so lovable. 

After the most wonderful weekend at the cottage, we took one look at your dirty feet and pop-tart hair, looked at each other and said, "bath time." I couldn't get over the resemblance between you and your brother. It was a moment I so desperately wanted to remember forever...











No comments:

Post a Comment